Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We were accepted!!

Today I got the phone call from the Shriner's Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina.  I was so excited when she called it was hard to think straight.  She just told me we had a date in early April and that a packet was coming to me with all of the details.  I could call her anytime with questions.  They will provide transportation and the whole nine yards, we won't have to pay a dime out of pocket!

This initial appointment the medical team will do their own evaluation of Thomas and then the medical team will decide if they can provide him a treatment care plan and how to proceed from there.  This is such a blessing and I am so excited that we got the initial acceptance!! Baby steps!! Once he is in the program they can actually help him until he is 18 years old.  Yay!!  If you see a Shriner, please thank them for all that they do and if you can donate to them.  They do a lot more than just dance around in parades and have parties.  They are out walking the streets trying to raise money for their non profit hospitals to help children.  If you have ever met a Shriner you know how extremely passionate they are about their mission.

Speaking of donations have you looked at our fund raiser!! Holy Cow!!  I am truly speechless at the amount of money it has raised in such a short period of time.  I just hope that I can truly express to each and every person how thankful I am for their donation.  If I don't say it or the words don't come out right, please know from the bottom of my heart that I appreciate every single dollar that has been donated to pay for Thomas' medical expenses.  I pray that the answers will come and that Thomas' medical needs will be support by other means but until that day comes I will still continue to do whatever I deem is necessary to help Thomas' health in the best possible manner.  Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to do that at this time.



2 Corinthians 4:16-18  So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment